YouTube is a place to be if you want to boost the rank of your website. Online videos are the most popular channel of digital marketing today. Every day YouTube receives 30,000 hours of video clips (upload 100 hours of video every minute). That’s correct. Everyday. It is evident that it is become extremely hard to gain traction and make your video the most viewed one, so be prepared to use some of YouTube SEO tactics.
According to some of Google’s research, the number of people who uses YouTube as a search engine increase on a daily base. We can say this is the second largest search engine on the web.
What is so interesting about videos?
You probably ask yourself why people are so interested in the audiovisual content. It is simple. Videos are easy to consume, and they are entertaining. Also, they are shareable and, the most important, affordable when it comes to costs. Truth, you can invest a significant amount of money to produce super quality video, but using some available tools you can make a video on your own, it will do too.
The video is an interesting way of information distribution, no matter on the topic. We all search for tutorials, presentations, different kind of research results and many other themes on a daily basis, so it is practically a habit. Now it is understandable the fact that online video sitemaps are quite essential for indexing. But, how research engines will know about your video clip? Only by the textual content about it. MRSS feed is another XML file that assists bot to read your video content. The subsequent is typical Search engine optimization of the web page on which video exists. Conclusion – YouTube SEO is a need.
All enterprises now want a video presence on the net. Develop it, publish it and then complete Search engine optimization on it. You probably can’t even imagine what video can do for ranking.
How does YouTube rank?
Like for every other content, ranking is one of the goals of YouTube videos too. There is no use if you have a great video that nobody can find. But how to make sure Google will rank your video? It’s not so complicated. If you follow some basic rules, the results will come soon.
YouTube videos are based on recognition. It is not enough to make a video and upload it to YouTube. The key is in search engine optimization so viewers can find it easily.
We bring you a list of YouTube ranking factors:
- Use your own channel – that is the best way to promote your business and get authority which will naturally boost rank.
- The file name and title – those two factors must match, it’s the first step of your YouTube optimization. The title should contain about 50 characters, and it is advisable to include the main keyword with a link to the content. That way you raise your chances for Google to index your video. Useful tip: keep in mind that every word has to be separated using hyphen without space.
- Transcription – Google will recognize if the video contains transcription and rank it for the keyword used for that purpose. Yes, back to keywords again. That is just one more prove how important they are for content ranking.
- Keywords – the role of keywords is to help viewers to find what they are looking for without a lot of wandering. Include keywords in title and description and raise your chance for better ranking.
- Description – For this action, you have space for about 160 characters. It is not much, so you have to be very creative. That is the content that should attract viewers to click on your video. It is also very helpful when it comes to search results. Remember, this niche is very crowded – it is crucial to be creative and innovative. Show the best of you.
- Social Media – be free to share videos through all your Social media accounts to reach more viewers. Depends on target it could be Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or some other media.
- Views – the more views you have, the higher you are going to rank on YouTube’s search final results for the essential phrase you are concentrated on. But views aren’t the only recognition measure.
- Comments – with more comments you can expect higher rank
- Back again hyperlinks – the more external links pointing to your video, the higher it will rank. The simplest spot to start off acquiring backlinks is from social networks: Facebook, Twitter, and all the rest. The more active you are, the far more focus you’ll appeal to your possess videos.
Try to record it on information boards/message boards and post your video to free of charge link directories. Also, set up a free blogs and embed and website link to your video from individuals. Be greedy and relentless in acquiring back links. Be energetic on YouTube: Comment on videos, subscribe to other channels, deliver pal requests. The more active you are, the far more focus you’ll get for your videos.
Balance is necessary for YouTube SEO
Generally, you want a well-balanced approach to all the earlier mentioned factors – a batch of YouTube video views, responses, likes, favorites, and many others. If you have an excellent harmony of those, your video clip will rank higher on YouTube’s search and, also, this is a bonus for Google.
Make a strategy and enjoy results
We tried to give you here some basic information you should know if you are dealing or planning to deal with YouTube videos as a way to present you or your company. The start is here; now it is up to you to take some time and make, if you already haven’t, a good digital marketing strategy, YouTube, and Social Media strategy. Following above-mentioned tips, you can expect results very soon.